Thursday 1 April 2010

Gnome

Not only am I going to be working on the 30 second animation with John and Michelle, I'm also going to be doing a short shot of animation for the BA students. The group I am going to be assisting are doing a project for a short film called "Gnome". Here's a link to the group blog.

Gnome Blog

Sarah Verrel, the team captain, has been asking us year 2 students for help with their project, and I felt that I would be able to find time to join in as well.

Here's my correspondence on rave mail for you to see:

Hey Emma,


well the character that will be ready tomorrow will be Macho Gnome, so not
the one you'd use for shot 11 however i think its still worth making a
start of even with this character just to get used to the rig and into the
swing of animation again. Once you've cracked the movements/facials you'll
easily be able to transfer it to Hero once he's complete. Im happy to give
that shot to you so yeah by all means, take a copy of our character and
start practicing for this shot.

You'll find Macho Gnome in Public Folders > Gnomes Animation Tests. Look
for Macho Gnome file. Letme know any feedback concerning the rig and of
course how your animating is going.

Please let me know what your weeks panning out like as i'd like to keep up
to date with how your doing on this. If we say could i see a playblast of
the animation for next week (Tues 6th) would this fit well with the rest
of your work? We hope by then to have Hero Gnome complete by then so
hopefully you'll be able to transfer your animation over to him.

Letme know your thoughts and I look forward to seeing what you've got in
store for us.

Sarah



> Hey again!
>
> Thats cool I'm glad you like my animation! It wasnt much fun animating
> listening to that music over and over again, I have to say lol!
>
> Great! Thanks for the links to the blog and stuff. I've checked out the
> whole animatic and shortlist of shots, and I've taken a fancy to shot 11.
> I'd love to animate that great mood change that Hero displays there. Of
> course, if it's taken by someone else already, I'd be more then happy to
> do a different shot. I dunno, what do you think?
>
> I'll be in college tomorrow, so I'll grab that model when I get there. Yay
> I can't wait to play around with the gnome's model!
>
> Ciao for now
>
> Emma
>
>
>> Hey Emma
>>
>> Thanks for getting back to me. I understand the other project
>> commitments
>> you have, but of course if you could spare some time to help us out with
>> Animation I would be very grateful. Thanks for the link to your blog,
>> your
>> animation to music did make me laugh! Our shot list is up on our team
>> blog, link is:
>>
>> http://gnometeam.blogspot.com/2010/03/shot-list.html
>>
>> if you need to refer to the animatic again the link is:
>> http://gnometeam.blogspot.com/2009/11/animatic.html
>>
>> perhaps you could complete one of the easier animation shots, giving you
>> more time to finesse? Letme know your thoughts.
>>
>> One of our characters will be ready on Monday to start test animations,
>> and you get hold of it through the public folders > gnomes animation
>> tests. Any feedback on the rig would be great.
>>
>> Keep me updated and hopefully we can arrange something.
>>
>> Sarah
>>
>>
>>
>>> Hey Sarah!
>>>
>>> Thanks for your e-mail. I really enjoyed your presentation of your
>>> short
>>> film the other day. Sounds like a really cool and well thought out
>>> story,
>>> and the style looks really unique too!
>>>
>>> However, I have decided to join a group of other animators who are
>>> making
>>> a 30second long animation to be played at Rave Live. We have quite a
>>> short
>>> time to accomplish everything for it, so I feel that my priorities
>>> should
>>> lie with that.
>>>
>>> But I was thinking that I would still like to be involved with your
>>> project, since I'm so stoked about it. Even if it is just a small role
>>> or
>>> whatever, I'd be happy to help! I might be able to do a short bit of 3D
>>> animation.
>>>
>>> If you'd like to see an example of some 3D animation I have done, here
>>> is
>>> a recent example on one of my blogs -
>>> http://emudigenvironments.blogspot.com/2010/02/your-face.html please
>>> excuse the annoying music >__<>
>>> send me a copy of a cute lil Gnome for me to mess about with :D
>>>
>>> Speak soon!
>>>
>>> Emma
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hey Emma!
>>>>
>>>> Sarah from the 3rd Year here!
>>>>
>>>> Just emailing to see if your still interested in helping out on our
>>>> film
>>>> Gnomes as I know you put yourself down to help with animation.
>>>>
>>>> Our rig will be available from Monday to start practising animation
>>>> with,
>>>> so you can start some walk cycle tests and then send them through to
>>>> us,
>>>> provide a link to you blog with it on or alternativly come see me to
>>>> show.
>>>> Im usually in most days up in the 3rd Year Animation room.
>>>>
>>>> Email me back and letme know asap please
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>> Sarah
>>>>
I have only just got the model today, so I'll be able to have a play around with it this weekend and hopefully show her some snazzy animation by Tuesday.

I'm going to do shot 11 in the shot list, which can be found on the Gnome blog. It's fairly simple, and requires some nice expressions and timing. I think this should be right up my street. Fingers crossed I'll be able to get it done in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment